Revision Date: April 1, 2012
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEB SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN AND ALL TERMS, POLICIES AND GUIDELINES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE.
1. Use of the Site and its Content – The contents of this Site, including the text, graphics, images, information, visitor chat, and other materials contained on this Site (“Content”) are for general informational purposes only.
Content provided by FiGuide and various authors and publishers’ providing such information does not constitute the rendering of financial, tax, legal or other professional advice or services. Always seek the advice of a professional in which you have engaged in a formal relationship regarding personalized financial advice.
Reliance on any Content provided on this Site, whether by us, other authors or publishers, or visitors to this Site is solely at your own risk. We do not recommend or endorse any specific products, procedures, opinions or other information that may be mentioned on this Site. There may be delays, omissions, or inaccuracies in Content contained in this Site.
We may alter, suspend, or discontinue this Site, or any content in it, at any time for any reason, without notice or cost. The Site may become unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment or other reasons. We may also elect, at any time upon notice, to begin to impose fees or charges for access or use of this Site.
4. Ownership and Proprietary Rights – The FiGuide site, service and content is the property of NAPFA and is protected by U.S. and international law, including, but not limited to all Content, graphics, code and software incorporated into, used on, or offered via this site, service and trade marks, including but not limited to FiGuide and trade dress. You may view the site and may print pages of the site solely in relation to Your use of the site. Otherwise You may not reproduce any portion or content of the site without the express written permission of FiGuide.
5. Your Registration Information – You agree and understand that You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password which, together with Your LoginID e-mail address, allows You to access FiGuide. Your login ID and password or other contact information You provide are collectively the "Registration Information." By providing us with Your e-mail address, You agree to receive all required notices electronically, to that e-mail address. It is Your responsibility to update or change that address, as appropriate. You may choose to opt out of receiving email correspondence from FiGuide by following the opt out instructions displayed in all emails sent to You. If You become aware of any unauthorized use of Your Registration Information, You agree to notify FiGuide immediately at the following email address: support[at]figuide.com.
7. No Investment Recommendations or Professional Advice- Nothing on this Site should be construed as investment or personal financial, tax, or legal advice. You understand that no Content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold any particular security what so ever. Trading securities and other financial instruments can involve high risk and the loss of all amounts invested. Opinions shared on the Site and in the Community are for general purposes ONLY and do not constitute individual financial advice. Individual Financial Advice should be sought out by a Certified Financial Representative in which you have entered into a formal agreement to receive such personal financial advice. Each member is responsible for making his/her own financial decisions. Under no circumstances can any member of the Community or FiGuide or any affiliate of FiGuide be held responsible for an investment or personal financial decision made by another personNothing on this Site should be construed as investment or personal financial, tax, or legal advice. You understand that no Content published on the Site constitutes a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold any particular security what so ever. Trading securities and other financial instruments can involve high risk and the loss of all amounts invested. Opinions shared on the Site and in the Community are for general purposes ONLY and do not constitute individual financial advice. Individual Financial Advice should be sought out by a professional with whom you have entered into a formal agreement to receive such personal financial advice. Each member is responsible for making his/her own financial decisions. Under no circumstances can any member of the Community or FiGuide or any affiliate of FiGuide be held responsible for an investment or personal financial decision made by another person.
8. Restrictions on Content - All Community members shall be responsible for conducting their Community related activities in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, Community members are expected to act with a professional demeanor. It is against the Terms of Service to make any comments that:
9. Submitting Content – By submitting Content to the Site or by transmitting Content using the Site, you (a) represent and warrant to FiGuide that you have all necessary permission to post or transmit Content; and (b) grant to FiGuide.com and NAPFA a worldwide, nonexclusive, perpetual, fully sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You further agree to waive, to the extent legally permissible, any moral rights in any jurisdictions relating to such Content. FiGuide.com has the right in its sole discretion to edit, move, delete, and or remove any content on the Site at any time with out notification.
10. Account Access – At any time, without prior notice to you and without derogating from our other rights under this Agreement, we may TERMINATE AND DENY YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, with or without cause, including, without limitation, if we suspect or believe that you are in breach of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement; or that you may be engaging in or have engaged in fraudulent, unlawful or improper activity.
11. Responsibility for Content – Each individual who posts content is solely responsible for his or her own acts, including the content, context or information of the content. The means that each individual, and not FiGuide, is entirely responsible for anything and everything he or she posts on the Site or in the Community. FiGuide does not and does not intend to pre-screen content before it is submitted to the Site or to the Community. FiGuide cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of anything that may appear in the Site or the Community.
13. No Warranty – TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. IF APPLICABLE LAW REQUIRES A WARRANTY, THE REQUIRED WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM YOUR FIRST USE OF THE SITE. THE SITE AND ANY E-MAIL WE SEND YOU MAY CONTAIN VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR RISK.
14. Limitation of Liability – UNLESS AND TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS THIS LIMITATION, NAPFA IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ANY E-MAIL SENT BY NAPFA OR YOUR PURCHASE OF OR USE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED VIA THE SITE, EVEN IF NAPFA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNLESS AND TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS THIS LIMITATION, NAPFA’S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY E-MAIL SENT BY NAPFA, OR YOUR PURCHASE OR USE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED VIA THE SITE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. Indemnification – You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless FiGuide and its officers, directors, shareholders, and employees, from and against all claims and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys fees, in whole or in part arising out of or attributable to any breach of this Agreement by You.
16. Copyright Policy – FiGuide may at its discretion and without prior notification terminate the account or access of users who infringe on the intellectual property of others. If you believe your work has been copied in any way that constitutes copyright infringement, please email us at contact [at] FiGuide.com to alert us to any possible infringement.
19. Disclosure – The Site is owned, maintained, and operated by NAPFA, located at 3250 North Arlington Heights Road, Suite 109, Arlington Heights, IL 60004. You may contact us via email at support[at]figuide.com.
|SITE LINKS||COMPANY INFORMATION||FINANCIAL ADVICE GUIDES|